BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (SALES)
What do we do?
We buy, sell and trade plastic scrap, and redundant material in the South African and international market.
Does this sound like you?
Collaborative – there is a time to be an individual and focus on your own tasks, but we are a team and the more you contribute to the team, the more you will get out.
Coachable – You are smart but understand that there is always room for improvement.
Competitive – not just against your business rivals but also against yourself.
Consistent – You won’t clinch every deal. Can you handle that and put in the effort even on the difficult days?
This is what you can expect as a trusted and valued member of our team:
On the job training and mentorship until you become a plastic recycling specialist and trader
A competitive salary commensurate with your experience and ability.
An annual bonus and salary review.
A laptop, and a cell phone allowance
A fuel allowance.
15 working days annual leave.
The opportunity to work closely with the company’s founder who will be heading up the sales department. He is based in Europe.
- Create annual sales budget.
- Develop and maintain the company sales plan.
- Meet monthly and annual sales targets.
- Meet monthly and annual profit targets.
- Meet monthly and annual sales margins.
- Generate sales offers for local and international customers.
- Close sales deals in the local and international markets.
- Follow-up on outstanding offers timeously.
- Manage relationships with existing customers.
- Develop new customers.
- Respond to any queries.
- Build rapport and long-lasting relationships with customers.
- Regularly service/call on local customers.
- Arrange accommodation, transport. entertainment and documents for international visitors.
- Occasionally assist with reception duties.
- File quotes and related shipping documents.
- Make sure all transactions are profitable.
- Liaise and negotiate with shipping lines and freight forwarding agents on shipping rates.
- Arrange shipments and book containers
- Calculate product selling prices.
- Track stock and production to complete sales orders.
- Maintain customer data.
- Arrange container releases.
REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
- Report any material problems to management.
- Report any shipping problems and delays to management.
- Communicate all debtors information to accounts and/or management.
- Report daily, weekly, and monthly statistics.
- Report daily, weekly, and monthly sales results.
- Provide indicative buying prices for the buyer.
- Provide regular inputs to the buyer on which materials are in demand.
- Communicate to factory what material to prepare for loading.
- Complete status reports and upload to the cloud.
- Communicate materials available to the marketing department.
- Communicate wanted materials to the marketing department.
- Any other function as may be necessary from time to time.
- Ensure the work area is kept clean and tidy.
- Respond to all queries.